TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The tour operator is SouthAmerica Moto which trades as SouthAmerica Moto Ltda., Concon, Chile
2. A 10% deposit is required to establish and maintain a reservation. The full balance must be paid ninety (90) days prior to departure. Your reservation may be considered canceled if the full balance sheet is not received by SouthAmerica Moto at that time.
3. If you have to cancel your trip we must receive a written notice. If received more than ninety (90) days prior to departure, your total payment will be refunded less US $ 200 per person. If received between ninety (90) and sixty (60) days notice prior to departure, you will be refunded a 50% of the payment. After this deadline, no refunds will be made
4. In these circumstances we strongly recommend that you obtain travel cancellation insurance from an insurance company. 4. You are responsible for making sure you are fit and healthy enough to participate in your tour. We reserve the right to insist on a medical certificate from your doctor stating that you are in an adequate state.
5. We reserve the right to cancel any tour if the number of the participants who booked do not meet the minimum requirement to operate the trip. In this case your payment will be refunded in full if we can not transfer it to another trip of your satisfaction.
6. The tour guide has the sole discretion to alter the itinerary should it be necessary due to weather, local conditions, policy or various other reasons. No refund will be considered for such changes.
7. SouthAmerica Moto Tour assumes no responsibility for flight delays or scheduled changes at any stage during the trip. In the event of any change, no refund will be considered.
8. SouthAmerica Moto insists that the participant take out a personal travel insurance policy.
9. SouthAmerica Moto is not responsible for the participant’s personal effects if they are lost, stolen or destroyed. SouthAmerica Moto is not responsible for any loss of this type, regardless of whether personal items are transported on the SouthAmerica Moto vehicle / motorcycle or lost during a shipment organized by SouthAmerica Moto.
10. SouthAmerica Moto is not responsible for any accidents. It is agreed and understood that neither SouthAmerica Moto nor its agents are the custodians of the client’s safety and that, individually or collectively, can not be held responsible in any way for any occurrence related to the tour that may result in injury, death or other damage to the client, his property or his / her heirs or assigns.
11. Motorcycles are provided by a supplier company of SouthAmerica Moto and the cost is included in the prices of the trip (on the tours as indicated). SouthAmerica Moto will attempt to provide the participants with the motorcycle model confirmed to the participant. If after confirming the motorcycle model requested SouthAmerica Moto finds that it is necessary to replace a different model, SouthAmerica Moto will notify the participant as soon as possible. If the participant does not wish to accept the proposed substitution, the participant may cancel the trip without penalty and the deposit will be refunded.
12. Unexpected and uncontrollable situations may require the last-minute replacement of a motorcycle even after the journey has begun. This may include but is not limited to mechanical failures, collisions, damage and theft. In this circumstance SouthAmerica Moto reserves the right to substitute the type of motorcycle confirmed. If SouthAmerica Moto can not replace a motorcycle with the confirmed or similar type a refund prorated for the difference in the models (if any) will be returned to the participant.
13. The motorcycle that SouthAmerica Moto provides to the participant will not be insured, it only covers personal injuries to third parties. The participant will be responsible for any damage to the motorcycle considered by SouthAmerica Moto as its responsibility. The term “damage” is to exclude reasonable wear and tear. Minor stains or paint chips caused by gravel, stones and insects are considered normal wear and tear but damage or scratches caused by an accident, falling of a motorcycle or riding through shrubs leaving marks is not considered normal wear. The participant can choose to contract insurance that covers these damages, or leave a guarantee charged to his credit card. (There are different options depending on the supplier company)
14. The participant is solely responsible for the ignition keys during the normal course of a day of driving. In the event that they are lost or stolen due to negligence or noncompliance with the tour guide’s instructions, the participant is responsible for the replacement up to a maximum cost of U$ 500.
15. If a participant drives a motorcycle after drinking an alcoholic beverage or using mind-altering drugs, the pilot will incur unlimited liability for motorcycle damage. SouthAmerica Moto is not required to replace a motorcycle damaged by a participant in these circumstances.
16. Participants intending to operate a motorcycle provided by SouthAmerica Moto must be at least 25 years of age and must have a valid motorcycle operator license. Participants must also attest that they have at least 2 years of experience running a motorcycle of similar or larger size than the motorcycle which will be provided by SouthAmerica Moto.
17. If the participant does not comply with local traffic laws or does not practice safe group travel practices as described by the tour guide and by the guidelines provided by SouthAmerica Moto, the contract with the driver may be canceled and the privileges will be suspended. Riding privileges will be suspended for anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Participants agree to abstain from alcohol until motorcycles are parked overnight.